Monday, December 7, 2009

The Story of the Christmas Potato

The Story of the Christmas Potato

Okay, December is here and so is the time to throw the holiday spud. Once again I'm on a mission to spread the custom far and wide. I guess this blog isn't the best way as nobody reads it. I'll not give up trying to let people know the joy that only comes with tossing and not hitting cars. One of the best things about moving into town is that there are lights everywhere. For me that is pretty neat. The kids are sort of bemused that we didn't spend bucks and bucks so we would have lights up to snuff and like the neighbors. Maybe next year.

I've already gotten reports from Manhattan, Riley county, Kansas where Marc Stratton and Sharlene Hunt's sister(gosh, I wish I could remember which one works with Marc) threw last Friday. As soon as our tree is decorated we will get a basket ready and keep some in the car to throw when the need arises. Down on 4th Ave there are some very nice displays and just around the corner in a window on !0th st. there for all to see is "a major award". Very nice. Read the story, throw some spuds and don't hit the cars. Remember every bit of Kinney Isaacs' story of the Christmas Potato is true. He is still the best imaginary best friend a guy ever had.

http://web.mac.com/rkoogar/the_life_of_riley/Welcome.html

I've tried and tried to post the story here with all of the illustrations and I can't make it work. That's the problem with being stupid. So, I guess if you are interested you can use the link.

I will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment